Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tribute to Moms


Happy Mother's Day - 
A Tribute to Mother's 

Motherhood is a tremendous gift to our families and society in general.  Thanks to each and every mom for all you do to love us and make our lives worthwhile.

I called my mom today and wished her happy mother's day.  My mom really enjoyed being a mother and it showed.  I can still remember her playing uplifting Christian music, singing, and making us breakfast.  My love for making chocolate chip cookies comes from my mom.  My wife, Jeni, is the greatest mom I know.  We have five kids and the two youngest were born in Ukrainian hospitals.  Jeni has been through about everything a mom can experience, but she has always done it with a positive attitude.  To all of our moms -- "We need you!"  You make our world a better place.

Proverbs 31:29-30
"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."

I thought I would put together an acronym for a GREAT Mom
G - Generous with her time - Moms are generous with their time and tend to be the most selfless person in the room.  Moms are always thinking of others.
R - Relational - Moms attract others because they are relational.  
E - Emotionally engaged - You enjoy being a mom and it shows.
A - Adding value to her children - Moms add value to her kids by taking an interest in them and spending time with them.
T - Trustworthy - You are a great protector and provider for your children.

Thanks to all of our moms!  Have a great week. Pastor Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment