Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Rise Up

What's it going to take for you to live the kind of life you have always dreamed about living?  Well I'm not sure what kind of life you're dreaming about, but let me share with you some of my dreams.  I want to live a life that is a blessing to others.  I want my spouse, my children, my friends, and my community to be blessed because they knew me.  I think most of us share this desire, even though we express it in a variety of ways.

I'm not talking about putting on a "public face" or or facade of success, I'm talking about living a truly different kind of life that elevates me from my selfishness and empowers me to live a truly significant life.  How can I do this?  I have found a one word answer -- Easter!

Easter is all about "rising up" and living a resurrected life.  Most people are familiar with the Easter story.  Jesus lived, died, and rose again.  Then he appeared to the disciples and others on many occasions before he gave them the Great Commission and left for heaven.  For too many people that is the end of the Easter story.  I believe Jesus wanted the Easter story to be about you and me today, not just about his death and resurrection over 2,000 years ago.

Easter is the centerpiece of Christianity and the key to "rising up" and living a resurrected life.  Are you satisfied with the life your living?  Often times I am not!  And I see many people around me that are living way beneath their potential in life.  They are bound by selfish desires, addictions, and bad decisions that leave them trapped financially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.   I want to rise up and become a better person and more of a blessing for those around me.  And I want to help you rise up and live life god's way!

This Sunday we are going to take a look at the story of Easter, the resurrection of Lazarus, and three steps to rising up to a resurrected life.  Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life."  Then he asked, "Do you believe this?"  I hope you do.  IT can make all the difference in your life.

Join us at the ARC this Sunday for Easter.  Tom Ragsdell

No comments:

Post a Comment