Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

A New Year's Resolution!

January is a great time of year for a fresh start!  Ever think that this might be the greatest year ever in your life?  I've thought about a few resolutions worth striving towards in 2015.  Here's a short list . . .
1. Spend more time in prayer -- In previous years, I've selected new devotional guides and purchased journals.  These are all good ideas.  This year I'm focused on spending more time in God's presence listening for God's voice -- for his grace to transform my life and his guidance to direct me in every endeavor.

2. Spend more time at church -- I'm a pastor, so over the last 20 plus years, I've spent quite a bit of time at church and I can testify that church attendance hasn't hurt me in the least.  In fact, it has enriched my life in many ways.  Church attendance has made me a better steward of my time, a better steward of my finances, and a better steward of priorities in my life.

3. Take some special travel trips -- I've already planned a special fishing trip and a potential missions trip for 2015.  Can't wait.  I'm also hoping that Jeni will plan a vacation for just the two of us.

4. Give more to God's Kingdom -- It is truly more blessed to give than to receive.  You really can't out give God, but I want to keep trying.  In 2015, I want to give more to the church and more to kingdom causes than I did in 2014.  

I'm sure there are many other worthy resolutions like loosing weight or exercising more, but I'm convinced that if I accomplish the four listed above, all of the other desired life changes can happen as well.

I'd love to hear about some of your new year's resolutions.  E-mail me at tom@newlifecolumbia.org

Pastor Tom 

No comments:

Post a Comment