Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

"You're the Real MVP, Mom"

You might of saw it.  Kevin Durant received the NBA's MVP award earlier this week (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-durant-to-his-mother-youre-the-real-mvp/).  He was very gracious thanking his fellow teammates, his coaches, and his mom.   With tears in his eyes, he recounted the struggle and sacrifice that his mom went through in order to raise him and encourage him to succeed.

I'm grateful that I can share in Durant's affection for "mom".  I also have a mom who has been incredibly supportive down through the years.  Growing up, she taught us how to make cookies and enjoy life.  she also modeled for us what faith and prayer looked like.  I'm thankful for my mom and know she has made many sacrifices for me and our family.  Thanks mom!

I encourage you to take time this week to Thank your mom for her support in your life.  This Sunday at New life we will have a special tribune for moms.  I hope you will join us with your mom.  See you at New Life at 10:15 AM.  Pastor Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment