Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Top Ten Bible Stories

Beginning, Sunday March 3rd, the History Channel is airing the Bible mini-series.  they have selected to stories form the bible (5 Old Testament and 5 New Testament) which tells the story of God's redemptive activity in human history.

This week we will host Life Groups which focus on movie clips from the mini-series and then dive deeper into the biblical stories.  My prayer is that every New Lifer will get excited about joining up with a Life Group and digging into God's word.

the new series on the bible does have me thinking!!!  I wonder what the top ten Bible stories would be if you had to choose them?  So let me ask, "If you were putting together a movie on the Bible what ten stories would you use?"  I would really like to hear from you, so make a comment on the blog site or send me and e-mail.

Here's my best guess:

#1: Garden of Eden and the fall (Genesis 3)
#2: Noah and the Flood (Genesis 6-9)
#3: Moses and the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20)
#4: Joseph (Genesis 37-50)
#5: Jesus' birth (Matthew 1)
#6: Jesus' sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7)
#7: Jesus feeds the 5,000 and walks on water (John 6)
#8: Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead (John 11)
#9: Jesus' death and resurrection (Luke 22-23)
#10: The Day of Pentecost and the church (Acts 2)

As you can see it is very difficult to narrow it down to only ten stories.  I had to eliminateAbraham's call in Genesis 12.  There are so many other powerful and theologically important stories.  I look forward to hearing from you.  go to the blog and make a comment.  See you Sunday, Pastor Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment