Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Lessons Learned

Summer time on the farm is a great time to learn some of life's greatest lesson.  This past week my family spent a few days on the farm bucking bales.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get away form work, but the pictures of all the fun got me thinking about life lessons on the farm.  Here's just a few - 1) Work is fun.  I'm amazed how much fun my kids can have in 90+ degree weather loading up hay bales on the farm.  Too often we view work as a problem rather than a pleasure.  Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that work is a gift from God; it's an opportunity to produce something of value.  2) Working together as a team increases productivity and mutual respect.  Video games do not produce mutual respect.  When my kids play video games for a day they end up fighting, complaining, and upset with each other (not always but often).  Working on the farm together produces a cooperative spirit and a desire to help each other reach a goal.

Have a great week.  Pastor Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment