Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Puzzles and life

One author said of Russia, "Russia is an enigma within a riddle." That translates something like this: "Russia is hard to understand." Truth be told, I like puzzles. The other night we were over with some friends watching football and I guess my personality got the best of me. Once I got started with the puzzle, I couldn't quit until the puzzle was finished. Puzzles are fun because they challenge you to figure them out.

Maybe that's why I enjoyed my 8+ years living in Kiev, Ukraine and learning the Russian language and culture. There was always something to figure out and you never completely understood everything! Each day brought new riddles to enjoy.

What is it in your life that makes you scratch your head and arouse your curiosity? Rather than ignoring it, why not pursue it? Maybe God has something for you to learn in the midst of your puzzling life?! Puzzles are like life, they help us grow and learn along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment